τBitcoin Launch Guide 2 — Airdrop Tutorial
On Friday(April 2, 2021) at approximately 10:00pm (SGT, UTC+8), BTCST’s implementation of STP 6: Archimedes Proposal will come online. BTCST holders will become the recipients of τBitcoin airdrops and will be eligible to mine τBitcoin by staking BTCSTs.
This post, discussing claiming airdrops from BTCST dApp v2, is the second of 3 guides that we are publishing to help our community members make the most out of the τBitcoin Initial Liquidity Event and the launch of dApp v2.
- Guide 1: FAQs on BTCST dApp v2
- Guide 2: Claiming Airdrops from BTCST dApp v2
- Guide 3: Mining τBitcoin with BTCST dApp v2
Before starting this guide, please make sure that you have enough BNB (BEP20 version) in your wallet to cover network fees charged by the Binance Smart Chain for the operations described below.
To see τBitcoin in your wallet, you should first add it as a Custom Token. We use MetaMask as an example. But the dApp support TrustWallet, Binance Chain Wallet, and other mainstream wallets as well. Steps to add Custom Assets in other wallets should be substantially the same.
- Open MetaMask and click Assets to see the tokens in your wallet.
- Make sure your MetaMask is connnected to BSC Mainnet, NOT Ethereum.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Add Token.
- Click Custom Token.
- Paste the contract address for τBitcoin 0x2cD1075682b0FCCaADd0Ca629e138E64015Ba11c into the Token Contract Address field.
- Once the address is in, the other fields should auto-fill.
- Confirm the token add.
- Who are eligible for τBitcoin airdrops?
- BTCST holders: To be eligible for this airdrop program, a user must hold BTCST in a personal wallet; exchange accounts and other similar custodian accounts are ineligible for the airdrops. A total of 84 τBitcoin (approximately USD 4,872,000 in value) will be airdropped to BTCST holders starting on April 2, 2021 at approximately 8:00pm UTC+8 for a total of 8 weeks. The amount of BTCST Holder airdrops that a user is eligible to receive is proportional to the user’s average balance of BTCSTs for the preceding week.
- BTCST-BNB LP: To be eligible for this airdrop program, a user must be a BTCST-BNB LP on PancakeSwap. A total of 10.5 τBitcoin (approximately USD 609,000 in value) will be airdropped to BTCST-BNB LPs starting on April 2, 2021 for a total of 8 weeks. The amount of BTCST-BNB LP airdrops that a user is eligible to receive for a week is proportional to the user’s amount of averaged liquidity provided for the preceding week.
2. How to view and claim τBitcoin airdrops?
- Step 1: Visit https://app.btcst.finance/ starting at 08:00pm (SGT) Friday April 2, 2021. If you still see the older version of the dApp, kindly hard refresh your browser page to clear cache.
- Step 2: Connect your wallet to the dApp. We assume you are using MetaMask for the rest of the tutorial. Steps for other wallets should be similar.
- Step 3: Visit the “Airdrop” page to see how many τBitcoin the connected wallet address is eligible to claim for under either the BTCST Holder or BTCST-BNB LP program.
- Step 4: The τBitcoin airdrop amount updates every 30 seconds. While you may claim airdrop amounts into your wallet as often as needed, we suggest claiming once a day to save on BSC network fees.
- Step 5: To claim airdrop amounts into your wallet, click the “Claim All” button to claim all τBitcoin airdrop amounts available into your wallet. If this is the first time you access the dApp, you must approve the dApp to interact with your wallet. Click the “Approve” button to do so. You only need to perform this once.
- Exchange accounts and other similar custodian accounts are ineligible for τBitcoin airdrops. A user must withdraw to a personal wallet to be eligible.
- A user’s staked BTCST in the BTCST dApp is eligible for the airdrop calculations. There is no need to unstake to be eligible for airdrops.